Tuesday, March 13, 2007

saying Good-bye



















Rainbow Bridge:
Kaylar's Christmas Angel
Dec. 13 1992------March 13 2007

The Newfoundland: beauty without vanity. strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the wisdom of man without his vices...(Lord Byron)

She will be sorely missed by Jenna and Phoenix and little Zoey and of course me, I am lost without her. She passed peacefully with the aid of the vet this morning, when it became clear that she was in pain and the quality of life was fast fading. It is easier, knowing that I was with her and she seemed to understand.

Angel was a good friend and partner and life's companion. She and I were close, we knew each other from "cover to cover". She was a courageous and efficient search dog, and always knew exactly what she was doing. I could count on her. She was gentle to all who met her and all who met her loved her.She has left behind a legacy, her daughter Jenna, who is so much like her when she is searching that I catch myself calling her "Angel". I guess when all is said and done,when we take on the love and life of a dog to be our friend, and we know we will have to say good-bye sooner than we ever want to... it is good to know there is a "Rainbow bridge" and to know that she has not gone but is waiting beyond the light.

No comments: